After a winter that involved a lot of this:
Today, we had this:
Therefore, it is written in stone somewhere that you must grill on the first day you can wear shorts outside. So we did. We had some pastured pork chops in the freezer and I figured this was a perfect day to grill them bad boys up. So I went inside and whipped up this marinade to put on them and it was perfect. Sweet and savory, perfect with a mixed greens salad with some fruit and balsamic vinegar. They were really perfect for today.
Sweet Peach and Mustard Grilled Pork Chops
What you need:
- 3 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp organic peach preserve (or 3 tbsp fresh diced peaches + 1 tbsp honey)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp orange juice
What you do:
- If possible, marinade your pork chops in lime juice and a pinch of salt for an hour prior to grilling.
- Mix all ingredients together to make glaze.
- Place chops on medium-high grill and baste with mustard glaze.
- Cook 4-5 minutes and flip.
- Coat other side with glaze and cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
- If concerned about done-ness, cut one chop and check center for pinkness.