For people who think you have to give up bread going Primal, I give you this: BREAD.
There is no rule that says bread needs to be made from white flour. I’ve adapted this recipe from this book. I’ve already mentioned it twice and I can’t get enough of it.
This bread is a perfect accompany to a chicken salad or toasted with some goat cheese and tomato. It’s savory and the rosemary taste is rich and delicious.
Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
What you need:
- 3/4 c. almond butter
- 3 tbsp. olive oil (use good quality for taste)
- 1/4 c. almond flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp agave or honey
- 1/4 c. arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1.5 tbsp. freshly finely chopped rosemary
What you do:
- Beat the almond butter and the olive oil together.
- Add in eggs and agave.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, arrowroot, salt, baking soda and Parmesan cheese.
- Add dry ingredients to wet.
- Fold in rosemary
- Pour into loaf pan that has been coated with olive oil and dusted with a bit of almond flour
- Bake approx 45 minutes at 325 or until toothpick test is clean
See? BREAD. Like you can have a SANDWICH.
So the next person who says that you can’t have bread when you eat primally, just tell them that you simply can’t have bread that will turn to sugar the second it hits your body. But you can have delicious savory protein-rich bread so they can suck it. I mean, politely disagree. Ahem.
Oh. and this bread is also phenomenal with spinach dip. Not that I ate a whole bowl of that with half a loaf of this bread or anything. Nope. Not me.