The other day we were having a salad and I decided to try my hand at roasting some sweet walnuts to go with the balsamic chicken, mesclun greens, and cave-aged bleu cheese. I wanted them to be a little sweet but not overbearing and wanted to keep the sugar content low. These came out awesome and the sweet crunch was perfect with the salad greens and soft cheese. (And now I’ve successfully worked myself up into wanting a salad and it’s 10 pm. Super.)
What you need:
- 1 c. nuts
- 1/2 tsp. oil (I used Grapessed)
- 2 tsp Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- tiny dash salt
What you do:
- Put nuts in a bowl and add oil, vanilla, and syrup. Toss to coat.
- Add cinnamon ad the tiny pinch of salt and toss again.
- Put on parchment paper or nonstick foil and bake at 400 for 5-8 minutes.
- Use as a topping for salads or a quick snack!