I really hate summer; specifically, I really hate THIS summer. So when I got another acorn squash in my CSA this week, I decided to say eff off in the best way possible. Make soup! Not just any soup, but a creamy thick warm bisque. IN YOUR FACE, SUCKASS SUMMER!
Autumn Coconut Curry Bisque
What you need:
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and diced (here’s a refresher on how to do it easily)
- 6-7 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- heads/leaves of celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt (add more to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
What you do:
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onions and celery on medium until translucent.
- In a crockpot, add in chicken stock, carrots, squash, garlic, fresh rosemary and the sauteed onions and celery.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours. (of if you’re not going to be home, put it on low for 8-10)
- Add in spices, salt, and coconut milk and let cook an additional hour or so.
- Either use an immersion blender to blend all together or pour into food processor/blender.
- That’s it!!