This recipe is for the cream sauce which I’ve used so many times on different dishes, I figured it was time to share it with you. It’s versatile and goes really well over roasted cauliflower as well as steamed asparagus. You can also use it for chicken, fish, etc.
NOTE: Asparagus helps keep diabetes at bay by helping blood sugar levels stay under control while boosting output of insulin. It’s a diabetic superfood!
Recipe: Caramelized Onion Cream Sauce
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. beef stock (if salted, skip salt below)
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. white cooking wine
- 1/8 c. heavy cream
- Caramelize the onions by cooking them in a saucepan on low with the butter, white wine, and salt until brown. This can take quite a while but worth it to do slow. Tip: Use your crockpot to make while not home!
- Add beef stock and garlic cook till almost evaporated.
- Add contents to blender or food processor, add cream and blend until it reaches the consistency you want. I prefer mine with a little chunks of the onion left.